ADA - Accommodation Testing
Davenport University will provide reasonable accommodation(s) upon request to ensure equal access to educational services is appropriate to the individual’s needs. Reasonable accommodations do not guarantee success but do guarantee equitable access. It is the responsibility of the students to make their need for accommodation known to the faculty and follow the proper steps to test in a designated testing space at their campus location.
If a student does not already have individualized testing accommodations set up through Davenport, you must do so via 学生访问 prior to requesting use in a designated testing space. 联系 Kassy克拉克 to start the process.
Requesting use in a testing space
- 步骤1: Students communicate and coordinate with their faculty member regarding when a test is preferred to be taken within the designated testing space at their campus.
- 步骤2: Faculty complete the “Faculty: ADA Testing Oversight Request” form based on their campus location to submit test information and specifics to the proctor:
- 步骤3: Students complete the “Student Testing Space Usage Form” based on campus location to request ADA matters and a specific date/ time to test.
Students wishing to utilize a designated ADA Testing Accommodation space MUST comply with the following policies:
- Submit all testing requests at least 3 business days before the test start time (student and faculty components must both be submitted to proceed).
- Work collaboratively with your instructor to find a reasonable time to test understanding that there may need to be flexibility based on campus location and staff availability. Testing is not guaranteed to happen on the requested date/time.
- Ensure the proctor is available to monitor the testing location for the entire time of your test while staying within business hours of the campus location. You will not be allowed to test after campus closing time.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled test time to check in and set up all accommodations properly.
- Bring a valid photo ID. We cannot accept a photo of your ID. For tests that have proctoring services built in, such as ATI, a government-issued ID is required.
- Have your IDA accessible for reference should the staff need to review it.
- Use the restroom prior to beginning your test. Bathroom breaks are not allowed during testing except in cases of documented accommodations or emergencies. Time will continue should a break be used.
- You cannot leave the designated testing area without permission or your test will be considered complete at the time of exit.
- No items are allowed in the designated testing areas with a student. This includes but is not limited to cell phones, 钱包, bags of any kind, 聪明的手表, loose clothing including hats, food or drink items unless medically necessary, 书, additional papers, 等.
- Proctors cannot answer questions related to content.
- Cameras and on-site personnel will monitor student testing progress. Should a student be suspected of an academic integrity violation, it will be reported to our Student Conduct team for adjudication.
- Questions regarding the ADA accommodation testing process can be directed to email@example.com.